lunedì 7 settembre 2015

The Prince, The Guard & The Queen: The Selection Stories - Kiera Cass (Book) ~ ☕☕☕

Hello everyone!


Randomly surfing the Internet, I bumped into these three little novels (e-book version only), “spin-offs” of The Selection Series by Kiera Cass. If you’ve read my English review of it, you should deduce that I didn’t really had a great opinion of it; anyway, the possibility to know the point of view of the other characters was definitely fascinating to me.
And so here I am doing the review of these three. They’re not in chronological order (or at least I don’t think so): I choose them because The Prince and The Guard are the only ones translated in Italian and The Queen was, above the others, the most interesting.
I’ll briefly show you what they are about.

The Prince is, in easy words, the Selection from Prince Maxon’s point of view. As Stephenie Meyer did with Midnight Sun (I don’t know if it has been actually released… anyway, she wanted to do so), in which she narrated Twilight from Edward’s point of view, in the same way Kiera Cass shows us, through Maxon’s eyes, the Selection. We understand a lot of his behavior during the original series (the reason behind some of his choices), but above all we learn to know him better, getting to know all those things that America doesn’t know: his fears, the difference between his relationship with his father and the one with his mother, the mysterious Daphne daughter of the king of France… all those things that in the original series are just mentioned and left to the reader’s imagination.
Anyway, I had the possibility to know him better and that made me happy, even if I still don’t particularly like this character (even if I have to admit that he’s the best one of the whole series).


Keep reading...


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento